Who we are
Our website address is: http://thebigshottv.com.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
We use Personal Information to allow you to participate in the features on the Site, to process your registration, and to provide you with other requested content related to our programs and other offerings.
We disclose your Personal Information to third parties when you request or agree to such sharing with business partners or other third parties, when we engage a third party to process data on our behalf, when such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations.
This Site may be hosted on web servers in the United States. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country.
- Information You Provide
In order to use the Site and the services offered on the Site, the users, agents or representatives acting on behalf of the TheBigShot or it’s Business Partner (“User” or “you”) must create an account with TheBigShot (“TheBigShot Account”). Creating the TheBigShot Account requires the User to provide the name of the TheBigShot representative who has recommended that the User apply for access (“TheBigShot Referral”), as well as the following personal information associated with the User: First and last name; middle initial; business address, including street, street number, city, state/province (if applicable), postal code, country, and region; phone and fax number, e-mail address; job title; work area, preferred language; name of TheBigShot Business Partner; customer type; reason for accessing the Site; and login name and password (“Personal Information”).
- Automatic Information Collection
We may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may consist of the following data about your Site visit: Products reviewed, date and time of review, access type (cart or download), number of website hits, type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, as well as, for administrators of the Site only, the following: presentations, presentation titles, saved dates, cover template, language, availability, and private/shared designations. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with other information so that you can be identified, we treat it as Personal Information.
We also may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A unique identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by this number (“Device Identifier”). Some mobile service providers may also provide us with the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Web beacons (also known as clear gifs) are used in combination with cookies to help website operators understand how you interact with their websites. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site or in an email. The use of a clear gif allows the Site to measure your actions in opening the page that contains the clear gif.
* Provide general internal and customer analytics.
* Study traffic patterns in order to improve website performance, to customize the user experience, and to better match the users’ interests and preferences.
* Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using TheBigShot products or services.
* Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into the Site after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
* When you login to the Site, cookies can also be used to save the username so that we can process the saved login information and quickly log you into the product.
* Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
* Tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.The Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of dynamic content. Flash (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. TheBigShot may employ Adobe Flash cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation. You may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly. TheBigShot does not use Flash cookies to serve interest-based advertising.
- Cookies: For further information about cookies you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to login or use other interactive features of our Site and features that depend on cookies.
You can visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance to see other companies that offer opt outs and to use other tools to manage your opt-out choices.
- Third Party’s Cookies on this Site
Google Analytics can be disabled through this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
TheBigShot may use the Personal Information collected for the following purposes: (1) process your registration; (2) enable you to visit the Site; (3) enable you to use and receive the services offered on the Site, including e-mail communication informing about the services and products provided by TheBigShot through the Site; (4) contact you with regard to your TheBigShot Account and in connection with any services or products purchased through the Site; (5) tailor content and offers to you according to your preferences relating to business interests; (6) improve and enhance the Site according to your preferences relating to business interests and relating to website usage; and (7) other purposes specifically disclosed to you prior to the collection of your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent. Subject to your consent, we may provide you with marketing materials about other services and products offered by TheBigShot and may share your Personal Information with our affiliated Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. companies for marketing purposes.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information with third party vendors:
* When You Agree To Have Your Personal Information Shared
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We may from time to time employ third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating our Site, hosting the Personal Information, executing interactive voice response programs, sending e-mail message communications, and providing data analysis services. For example, your Personal Information will be hosted by us or a service provider in the United States of Amercia. We may provide the Personal Information to such third party service provider in order for them to provide such services to TheBigShot.
- Affiliate Sharing and Business Transfers
We may share your Personal Information with other entities affiliated with us for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. Subject to your explicit consent to receiving marketing materials from TheBigShot affiliated companies, we may share your e-mail address and information on your preferences and interests with such affiliated companies in order for them to provide you with certain marketing and promotional communication. TheBigShot or any of its assets, including the Site, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your Personal Information is one of the business assets of the transaction. In such case, your Personal Information may be transferred.
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
- Legal Protections and Other Disclosures
Such recipients as set forth above in the paragraphs of this Section 3 may be located in a country that does not provide the same level of data protection as the country where you reside.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES, AND TheBigShot CONTENT FOUND ON OTHER WEB SITES
The Site may contain links that will direct you to other websites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties, or you may find TheBigShot content on such third party websites. We have no control over these third parties, and your use of their websites and features are subject to their privacy policies. TheBigShot is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party web site.
- CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States of America. Your Personal Information will therefore be transferred to and processed in the United States of America where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country. By using the Site, and providing any Personal Information to the Site, all Users, including without limitation Users in the member states of the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to, the transfer of your information to, and its processing in, the United States of America.
- CONSENT TO E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS.
You understand that part of the services offered via the Site is providing you with information about the content offered via the Site. By providing your email address in the registration process you consent to the receipt of such content information via email.
You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by contacting us as indicated below.
You may opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters by sending an email to [email protected] or following the opt-out instructions provided to you in the e-mail communication. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your TheBigShot Account or use of the Site in order to perform the requested services for you. These transactional account messages will not be stopped even after you choose to opt-out from marketing communications. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and hereby expressly disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it may not be possible to completely remove or delete all of your Personal Information from our databases in order to effectuate any opt-out preferences you have made and due to technical concerns with data backup and contingency support.
- CONTACT DETAILS
You may contact us with your questions or comments or if you want to object to the processing and use of your personal information for marketing or market research purposes at: TheBigShotTV.com, PO Box 777, Hartford, CT 06142-777, USA; or [email protected]
- Advertising and Personalized Content Advertising is important to our provision of free and low-cost Services to you. We may share your personal information with our advertisers, advertising networks, or other third parties for direct marketing and promotional purposes. Additionally, The Big Shot and/or TheBigShotTV.com and its Streaming Partners, Stations, our advertisers, certain outside network advertising services, and other third-parties may place cookies, web beacons, and other similar technology on your device to personalize your experience, collect information about your preferences, collect location information, and/or deliver customized advertising content. Advertisers and other third parties involved in the delivery of ads to you may offer you opportunities to choose what type of information about you is collected, used, and shared, and how that is done. We do not control outside parties or the choices they may offer you – please contact them directly to learn about your choices.
- Safeguarding Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under 13 years of age. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information online from children under 13, we will endeavor promptly to destroy such information or remove any identifying details.